Everton Football Club has developed a presence in various areas of social media. Some of them are operated by Everton Football Club i.e. their website and forums and others consist of a profile across various platforms such as Twitter and Facebook.
All are used as a means of sharing information, videos, pictures and comments. This document is intended to identify a structure to how Everton Football Club responds to user-generated content in each of their online environments.
- You are at least 13 years of age;
- If you are under 18 years of age you have your parents’ or carers’ permission to access our profiles and sites and post content;
- If you are under 18 years of age, your parents or carers accept responsibility for the content of your postings.
- If you are under 18 years of age, your parents or carers’ agree that Everton Football Club may re-post, re-tweet or use the material without prejudice.
By posting any content on any Everton Football Club social media site, you grant to Everton Football Club the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute and publish such content, in whole or part, for any purpose Everton Football Club deems appropriate. If you are under 18 years of age your parent or carer consents to this process.
As a user of Everton Football Club website and user forums you agree to the imposed terms and conditions which includes you agree that you will not violate any laws and regulations, including copyright, intellectual property rights laws and others regarding any content that you send or receive.
You also agree you will not:-
- Transmit any material in any manner that is unlawful, disruptive, threatening, profane, abusive, harassing, embarrassing, tortious, defamatory, obscene, libelous, or is an invasion of another's privacy, is hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable as solely determined by Everton Football Club staff;
- Impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Transmit any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials or any other form of solicitation;
- Transmit any material that contains software viruses.
With regard to visitors to our social media pages including Twitter and Facebook you agree to comply with the terms and conditions imposed by the site owners, with regard to age and appropriateness.
Everton Football Club reserves the right to monitor and/or terminate your access to our social media at any time, without notice and for any reason at its sole discretion. Everton Football Club may remove any materials at its sole discretion.
You understand and agree that Everton Football Club may disclose your communications and activities with Everton Football Club in response to lawful requests by the authorities.
You, or your parents/carers if you are under the age of 18, shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Everton Football Club and its corporate affiliates and their respective representatives from and against any liabilities whatsoever resulting from the use of this site.
You acknowledge that you, or your parents/carers if you are under the age 18 years, assume all responsibility related to the security, privacy and risks inherent in sending any content over the internet. Everton Football Club does not control the third-party sites and does not endorse products or services advertised on the social media sites.